Appearance: Maine Crime Writers Staged Reading, 3/5


Join me Monday, March 5 at Portland Stage for an event unlike any other, in which actors perform readings of local crime fiction authors Brenda Buchanan, Richard Cass, Barbara Ross, Lea Wait, and yours truly.

Some of the readings will be excerpts from larger works. Mine will be a short story in its entirety—specifically, my Derringer Award nominated "Pretty Little Things," which first appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine way back in 2013. (We were such kids back then, foolish and innocent... or was that just me?)

I participated in this event last year, and it was an absolute blast. The house was packed, and the readings slayed. (The picture at the top of this post was taken during their performance of my short story "Eight Pounds," which I'm proud to say was the most gruesome of the readings by a damn sight.)

The event is pay-what-you-can, with a suggested donation of $10 in advance and $15 at the door. It kicks off with a reception at 6:30PM (featuring free wine, beer, and Flatbread pizza); performances begin at 7:00PM. There will be books for sale if you're interested, and I suspect we writers will hop onstage to chat awhile when the performances are through. Hope to see you there!